Friday 9 September 2011

Week 15 day 1&2

Week 15
Tuesday Day 1
Still feel a bit out of it, managed 4.5 miles through the park & forest , but didn't feel right. Not comfortable and heart rate high. Finished off with a gym class body conditioning always pretty good mix.

Wednesday Day 2
After previous day and week with no run greater than 10 miles needed to snap out of a bit of a dip so forced myself to go out. Not easy.


Got a few aches and pains from last 2-3 weeks mileage, lower left hip is sore at times.. (piriformis is tight chiropractor said) but felt I had to get out and did 13-14 tough miles up the hills to heswall and back through arrowe park... , with aforementioned hip, hamstrings and calfs having a few twinges made sure to do various stretches every 20-30 minutes.

Opened the front door about 6.45pm to a bit of drizzle, then later on rain, pretty much for the entire 2 hours +. had my jacket and even running tights on. With the rain coming down, did get a bit wibbly. light going, rain coming down, cars whizzing past. After feeling great at the 20 mile bug run (only 10 days ago?), this felt anything but that.

Anyway, some music on, all on random.. this is what came up in a 15 minute period when at most wibbly part.

Sam Phillips - When You're Down.. (bit obscure but a great song)... key thing was the lyrics..

"I dont want to want so much but my dreams drag me on
pushing through rock clusters where I am, once again I close my eyes to see
when you're down, when you're down, you find out whats down there"

Led Zeppelin - Zashmir came on next.. just as hitting the second hills to Heswall, perked me up..
 and in middle of Heswall after the hills, Bruce Springsteen - Tougher Than the Rest (crud song, but chorus worked for me).
How weird is that for random. Damp but not defeated.

Fate or whatever you call it.. nothing is going to stop me from being there at start on October 9th !

No comments: