Thursday 22 September 2011

Week 17 Day 2 Longest Run Ever

okay, day 1 was really a rest day, 45 minute body conditioning class was only 30 minutes due to trainee instructors not knowing enough, hardly got a sweat on, kit didn't even need washing, just airing.

Had booked the next day off for long run since unable to fit it in Saturday, had a bit of a lie in instead of original plan of going out for 9.30am start as on the day.

Main thing was to get my longest training run in, roughly aiming for 22-23 miles., wearing preferred kit, using same gel bloks, and no music as on the day.

Things went very well, made a few changes to my route so hills at 11 and 14 miles as at the marathon to make it a little harder, instead of stopping around 22 miles added an extra loop near home so ended up doing 23 miles in 3hr 19minutes.
Perfect timing, sub 9 minute miles all the way apart from one hard hilly section where I fell over here and grazed my knee & hand, banged my wrist too with the hard plastic strap of my garmin watch. Not too bad though.. But times were good, nicely in the range of 8m20-8m50s which is great with the hills and resistance along the way, leaves me in a great place for Oct 9th.. Sub 4hrs is definitely on, just a matter of how much under I can go.

Run details here

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/116065983

No comments: