Friday 1 July 2011

Week 5 day 3 - 500 miles running since Jan 1st

Okay some good exercise today and something achieved too.

Great game of football at lunchtime, actually wore my Garmin gps watch & hr strap so knew how many calories & distance run.

For an hour, kept running for 50-55 mins and covered 3 miles approx 600 calories so lots of sprints, stop/ start.

See graphic below.. might not be Steven Gerrard but still got around the pitch.
Garmin Stats click here


In the evening, 8.5 mile recovery run with Mrs FRC, trying to keep my heart rate low in zone 3 so under 145-150 bpm so exercising but not pushing as hard as I tend to do even on long runs so far.

Whilst out ran my 500th mile of the year. Big achievement for me, never done this before.
In the past, I might do 5-10 miles a week plus football and a spin class - could even do a half marathon on this - now doing now more classes + 30 miles a week - and more miles to come.

In the next few days I will have run 150 miles in 5 weeks.
and probably 500 before I do the marathon in the next 10-12 weeks

Run on the sea front was lovely, nice weather, bit of a wind at the end, sand blowing in our faces though.

All fine, apart from the new running shoes I had on... breathable fabric is good, but when running in sand... the sand goes straight into the shoe.. had about a sandcastle in there after 2 minutes on the actual beach.

Photos to follow

No comments: