Friday 8 July 2011

Week 6 day 2 football and 5k race

Chiropodist in the morning, getting my feet and a few blisters seen to. Lots of good advice, taking care of my feet, maybe using vaseline on my feet before a run? New one on me.
Will be seeing the chiropodist a few times before October I'm sure.

5 a side football at lunch, good game, and always sunny/ warm at 12 ish so tiring. Actually was 4 a side so more tiring. Not a huge amount of energy last after this.. felt very leggy.

Wanted to do a few 5k & 10k races and one half marathon before the  October Marathon. The Wirral Seaside 3m was on today, probably not a good idea to do it with tired legs but gave it my best shot.

Race started at 7pm and was raining at 6.30pm already.. light drizzle so cooler, but fairly wet.

Did spot my PT Cath just before the start a little bit ahead of me and kept her in sight pretty much to the end when my race number blew off costing me a few seconds.. just getting ready to sprint too. Honest !

Don't know my time yet but probably a personal best, maybe a fraction over 21 minutes.

Went a lot faster than expected though. heart rate at 90-95% of max, at least 2 of the 3 miles at sub 7 min pace. Phew. Fast for me since I usually do distance not speed.

Reward, okay, shoot me, I was knackered after and got some chips on the way home.
Next time, I'll have a rest day on the day of the 5k and see if I can get under 21 minutes. I'm sure with a couple of interval sessions (400/ 800/1200/ 1600m at 6-7 min mile pace) I can get close.

No comments: