Sunday 17 July 2011

Week 7 Day 5 Long run

Okay, had some pizza the night before.. (can't I have some fun? pleeassse) so thoroughly charged up for my long slow(-ish) run.

17-18 miles, 2hrs 50 including breaks and stretches. Felt like I had a fair bit more in my legs too.

Up at 7am for breakfast, snooze for an hour or so after, out finally just before 9am.

Start still not good though, high heart rate up at 180 bpm+ and tough to even get under 9m 30 s miles for first 5-6 miles - not something that usually happens to me, thought its happened twice now. So something to work at, maybe a different warm up routine? Might have a slight cold or chest infection holding me back possibly.

After that first 5 miles though, heart rate dropped significantly to 150 bpm or below and going along nicely sub 8m 20-30s miles.

Protein/ carb shake waiting at the end, nice bowl of porridge, a litre plus of water but then forgot to have something else and konked out, tired and had a snooze. Really needed to eat some toast, maybe poached eggs, a sports drink and even more fluids.

Suffered for this the day after too, hadn't got enough energy or carbs in whatever I ate today so glycogen levels low the day after.

No comments: