Thursday 11 August 2011

Week 11 day 1+ 2 Longest Run Ever (again)

Was aiming for a big run Wednesday so nothing too heavy Tuesday, certainly no running to keep the legs fresh.

Warmed up with a 45min spin class, good sweat, bit of rowing in between then body conditioning class after. All fine but did notice some pain in my hip still on a few exercises, a side lateral raise and a combined crunch. Will check with physio and chiropractor that it doesn't indicate something to worry about.

Day 2 Wednesday
With the aim of doing my first 20+ mile run, took the afternoon off, bit of pasta and garlic bread at lunch then a bit of a snooze.

Raining outside but no way I was not doing this. Running jacket on, a few quid for drinks and a bag of jelly babies.
I got nearly everything right (see later), good paced miles around 8m 30 or less, and powered on. Windy too in places, especially on West Kirby seafront  that looked so nice a week or two ago. Stopped for drinks 3 times and finished well in just under 3hrs for 20.7 miles... Really happy with that.

Full details of the run here. Click the splits tab to see more.

Hip a bit sore towards the end so very careful stretching 3-4 times over the 3+ hours out on my feet.. Need to careful not to jar something in training. Could trigger tendonitis again if not careful.

Discovered later that my bum back had rubbed me badly on my back...  Its not a running one, so definitely something I need to sort out. Pretty good apart from that. Answers on a postcard if you can translate what the tattoo says....



No comments: