Wednesday 15 June 2011

Week 3 day 2. Rest? No. Boxing with Mike Tyson

After yesterday, no running today so kind of a rest day. Vaguely.

Just a 30 minute bootcamp (hard cardio circuit) followed by a pump fx weights/ resistance class.
Done it before so nothing to worry about surely? Yeah right.

My hands and arms are still shaking a bit 4 hours later, it was that tough on my arms and shoulders :) Seriously never had that before.

30 minute boot camp actually was 25 minutes pads work with a partner plus a bit of cardio to finish off.
Thought the pads work would be with my wife but since there was another male in the class we got paired up.

He was admittedly 6ft 2 plus and maybe 16-17 stone...some serious weight in his punches.
Decent right jab and lots of power so tough just taking his punches even before my 10 plus minutes of jabs, crosses, cuts. Arms up all the time

Then to the weights pump fx class. This and the Tuesday class have really helped my running and save having to do a fairly boring weights session on my own in the gym. Lot more fun in a class, time passes quicker and you put more effort in.
Gill changed this class up a bit so that little bit harder but not obvious at first.

Squats with a 20kg bar one foot on a step. Much harder, really stretched my tight hamstrings so loosened up nicely now.
And as suggested pushed my weight up on last arm exercise since it was shorter.

All these worked my arms/ shoulders and hands... Hence the shaking still hours later?

No pain no gain. Now for sleep which is not going to be a problem.....(zzz)

No comments: